Homes for Sale in Norfolk, NE
You’ll truly come to enjoy the small-town feel and all the wonderful people you’ll be able to call your neighbors when you purchase a home in Norfolk, NE. If you’re unfamiliar with the area, Norfolk has a lot to offer. For the outdoor enthusiasts, the area is known for trails like the Big Red Trail, the Carson Trail, and the Husker Trail where you can explore nature and the great outdoors.
With a population of 24,651, Norfolk may have the feel of a small town, but it doesn’t lack the conveniences you’d enjoy in larger, metropolitan areas. Here in the ninth largest community in Nebraska, you’ll find plenty of restaurants, shops, coffee houses, and even live music in the park—you can’t go wrong here.
You can find all the information you need on homes available for purchase in the Northeast Nebraska area so you can be the first to make an offer on the home of your dreams, and even get a free, instant home valuation of your property to find out what you could sell it for on the market.
Neighborhood Properties for Sale in Norfolk
Norfolk’s economy has a good mix of both blue- and white-collar jobs on top of having some of the shortest commute times in the country. Ours is a community with plenty of employment opportunities for sales workers, office workers, business professionals, and service providers. Norfolk is also a city of diversity with a sizeable white, Asian, and Hispanic population.
With that in mind, you’re sure to find a neighborhood that suits your needs and desires. Take the more expensive neighborhood of N 13th St/W Kaneb Rd; here, the median home price is an affordable $270,795. The homes in this area range from 3- or 4-bedroom single-family homes to larger 4- or 5-bedrooms homes and apartment complexes.
The Cost of Living In Norfolk
The median home price in all of Norfolk is $157,900, and according to BestPlaces.net, the overall cost of living in Norfolk is 15.6% lower than the U.S. average.
|COST OF LIVING||Norfolk||Nebraska||USA|
|Median Home Cost||$157,900||$168,900||$231,200|
Commuting Around the City
As was mentioned before, Norfolk has some of the shortest commute times in the entire nation. According to NeighborhoodScout.com, 79.1% of residents enjoy a commute time from home to work of less than 15 minutes! That means the populace can spend more of their time on other things besides getting to or from work.
Norfolk Area Facts
If you’re interested in buying a home in Norfolk, here are a few facts to note:
- The median home price is $157,900. Over the last 10 years, homes have appreciated 4.3%.
- The median list price per square foot is $147.
- The unemployment rate is 2.5%, which is lower than the (pre-COVID-19) national average of 3.9%.
- The average commute time is 13.1 minutes, lower than the national average of 26.4 minutes.
Schools in Norfolk, NE
Did we mention that Norfolk is a family-friendly area with many activities for both you and the kids?
We also know that schools are a huge factor in where people choose to buy a home. Here are three recommended schools in the area with their ranks according to Niche.com:
- Lincoln Elementary School has been ranked the #2 best public elementary school in Madison County with an overall grade of B+.
- Norfolk Middle School has is ranked at #37 in terms of the best public middle schools in Nebraska with an overall grade of B+.
- Norfolk Senior High School is ranked #85 among the best public high schools in the state, with an overall grade of B.
Things to Do in Norfolk, NE
Don’t let the small-town atmosphere convince you that there isn’t much to do here in Norfolk. The months between June and September are the hottest in the city, which makes summer a great time to enjoy such outdoor activities as:
- Pawnee Park (3420 Pawnee Plaza, Columbus, NE 68601)
- Glur Park (26th Ave & 28th St, Columbus, NE 68601)
- Pawnee Plunge Water Park (560 33rd Ave, Columbus, NE 68601)
- OffRoad Ranch Speedway (2904 Old Highway 8, Norfolk, Nebraska 68701)
- Norfolk 7 Theatre (1000 Riverside Blvd #300, Norfolk, NE 68701)
For more attractions and things to do, visit https://visitnorfolkne.com/home/things-to-do/.
So Why Hire a kwELITE Realtor?
At the end of the day, kwELITE is a team of Realtors in Norfolk, Nebraska, that are dedicated to helping our clients make the best real estate decisions possible. Our team members are always working towards one common goal, and everyone knows their role in accomplishing it. We’re the best in the business not only because of the experience we have but also because of the brokerage behind us, Keller Williams. No matter what your real estate needs are, our team is your best option in the Norfolk, Nebraska area. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions.